Jesus' Triple J Hotspot

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:16b

Name:

I love people!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Christian Living - God's Wisdom (Proverbs)

Been reading Proverbs since Job & Psalms...

In Chapt 4, the sub-heading says "Wisdom is Supreme" and I thought...wow!...

Just so many encouraging verses one can find in this "Life book" and as I read Proverbs, picked out some that stands out for me.

"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed" 15:22 (but one needs to first seek God's wisdom in looking for sound spiritual advisors! hahaha!)

"The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor" 15:33 (with emphasis on humility)

"All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the Lord" 16:2 (so be careful what you think, for your thoughts shapes your life and God is watching!)

"When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him" 16:7 (can you really GRASP the POWER in this verse?!)

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall" 16:18 (A reminder to all: be humble, just as Jesus is humble. He came down to serve, not to be served)

"A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends" 15:28 (brings back again on motives and thoughts...scary when friends do that isnt it? Where is love professed?)

Hey, you know what...there are many more, before these chapters and even after...in fact, the whole bible has the answers you need!

So if you are called Christians, then please remember this: it is not a religious thingy, but purely a RELATIONSHIP with God our Father, one whom we call Friend, Counsellor, Author...(the list goes on) The only difference between Him and humans (generic term - man) - He can change situations which man cant, He can transform our lives, He answers when we share with Him, He gives what's best for us, comes with GOOD motives and intentions cos He LOVES us and best of all, HE IS ALWAYS IN US and WITH US!

"Thank you Jesus, for the wonderful priviledge to know you since 13. Thank you for being with me in this life journey where challenges and trials asail...So glad that I can find my hope and joy in You. You've taught me how to love everyone unconditionally, whoever you have brought to my life, you said to love them well (for the least that I treat any of these, I am doing it unto You...). Even for those who are difficult to love, I shall love with the love of the Lord. I wanna persevere (never give up) in this race that You have given and fight the good fight for you... Just wanna say how much I love You, Lord. Amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home