Jesus' Triple J Hotspot

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:16b

Name:

I love people!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wide Gate or Narrow Gate? (Matt 7:13-14)

Hmm, was spending time with God and thought I wanna pen down these interesting verses.

Though the verses refer very much about choosing a secular life (wide gate) or everlasting life (narrow gate), it also applies very well in my current situation. *Psss...anyway, I've already chosen the narrow gate and have been enjoying the journey behind the gate, hahaha...

Wide Gate
There're times when I struggle whether I should be back to a full-time job, particularly when I look at our house finances. It's not that we dont have enough, but its that we've to be stringent in everything we spend on. And also, I feel quite bogged down at times having to take care of 2 kids day in/ day out. You know, like some would term it "Huang lian po", hahaha...

IF...I go back to working full-time, we can either engage a maid to help with the chores and take care of 2 kids while we're at work, or put the 2 kids to infant and child care respectively. Honestly, I feel that is a easy way out for parents to skip parenting and nuturing duties (but there're, I must say, some genuine cases where the family needs 2 to support the household).

Narrow Gate
Such thoughts come to me every now and then (which is not a good thought to entertain), especially when I'm handling the finance matters in the family. When I was doing part-time, it's not so bad, cos I only spend 4hrs a day out-of-sight from the kids, can earn some income to supplement the family and can even impact youngsters' lives!

So, I'd still wanna work part-time again. If any of you know of any jobs (best if its home-based), do let me know ok, like tuition la, co-ordination la...! hahaha! so that I can still spend a reasonable amount of time nurturing my children (that God has entrusted me) and bring in income for the family!

Prayer Request
It's my prayer that with this decision that I have made, Josiah and Joshua will grow up to be men of God (through grounding them with spiritual values), standing firm in God's truth and not depart from His Words (through daily prayers). After all, it's just 3-5yrs of sacrifices as a SAHM or part-time worker (I keep reminding myself), so I'm just gonna perservere and ask that the Lord may see me through this period. Father, I ask that you may supply all my needs according to your riches in glory. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home