Jesus' Triple J Hotspot

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:16b

Name:

I love people!

Monday, August 09, 2010

Time To Check Our Spiritual Orientation

In just 2 days before Singapore's 45th celebration, author wrote this self-inventory test for readers to reflect on the "questions we are mostly likely to ask after a worship experience to see if we have become individualistic and consumerist in our worship:-

How was the worship? OR Did I worship?
How was the sermon? OR Did I listen with a heart to obey?
Was I ministered to? OR Did I minister to others?

As God to re-wire us so that our commitment and priority in worship will always be to glorify God by edifying (to enlighten or inform so as to uplift spiritually) others." (quoted from City of God 40 Days Prayer booklet)

Have I mentioned to you before about the 7 Gates of Influence which Pastors and Spiritual Leaders in Singapore come together to intercede for Singapore every quarter or so? I had the priviledge to attend the Family Gate almost 2 months ago and have been reminded of the following:-

To build the nation,
manage our church;
To build our church;
manage our family.

Family is God-given; a blessing. And in this blessing, there is a purpose for each of us to fulfill-God's purpose.

I would like to bite-size what it entails in the family:-
Husband and wife
LOVE each other. It is your best gift to your children
They will model what God's love truly means when they see all your love in actions-even in difficult situations or how great your differences may seem to be humanly).
It is an uphill task, but God will see us through all these and the fruit will come when we see our children growing up in Godly love and ways, loving and blessing others like Jesus would...

Parents, we are half the journey or even lesser to account to God for our words and actions, but these children have a life-time to continue the kingdom work. So what is God's desired outcome of each child?...

WORK WITH END IN MIND.

Father, I thank you for the privilege to join with hundreds of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to intercede for Singapore last evening; praying for the 7 Gates of Influence and future generation of Singapore-youth & children. I rejoice with you as the little ones (even Joshua in his simple prayer) praying out loud to you). I give thanks as Josiah joined me in declaring out loud that "I am important to God. I play an important part..." together with all the rest of your people. Lord, empower us to do your kingdom work. Keep our minds focus on you, gracious Father. And may each of our lives be a living testimony to glorify your Holy Name. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home