Jesus' Triple J Hotspot

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:16b

Name:

I love people!

Friday, September 03, 2010

Then why do we still face trials???

I read with much thoughts about what Ps Rick shared in his e-devotion today, where he referred to the scripture in Isaiah 43:25 "God forgives our sins and will not hold our sins against us."

Defensive Jo was quick to question: If so, why does trial and terrible things happen if it is not to discipline us??....

But as I reflect, realise that more often than not, if we just allow the Spirit to guide us, it is not difficult to see that it is carnal selves who have caused trials to happen over time, our attitude, actions and even speech...

Yes, while it's true that sometimes we are badly treated, wrongly accused and the list goes on. But, how we react to every situation makes alot of difference. Spend some moment to think about it, everything does has its implications as we think deeper...

God does forgive our sins and will not hold our sins against us. And He allows things to happen only to sharpen and refine us. Before we point fingers and start blaming others, let's do a self check by first committing ourselves to the Lord in prayer:-

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me
and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psa 139:23-30)
In Jesus name I pray, amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home